Not Yet Stale
What was I saying about…?
- RT @rtraugh: My Pittsburgh area artist friends should check this out! twitter.com/pghcreators/st… 2 hours ago
- RT @HeinzEndow: .@PittsburghPG has done our #community and the cause of #justice a grave disservice with its lead editorial, “Reason as Rac… 2 hours ago
- #TrumpBrokeTheInternet #iStandWithGillibrand #RESIGN @RealDonaldTrump 5 hours ago
- RT @brianbeutler: Trump sent his DHS Secretary, @SecNielsen, out to lie on television about what happened in the DACA meeting, apparently w… 5 hours ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 6 Mentions, 9.08K Mention Reach, 33 Likes, 2 Retweets, 1.55K Retweet Reach. See yours with… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
A touching story from Mashable on the use of social media to touch a family’s soul. SkyBluePink Right in the feels. I think I have something in my eye. Advertisements
This caregiving journey has been a long, hard road. But along the way, there have been blessings…and lessons. 1. Put on your own oxygen mask first. 2. Ask for help. 3. Always look on the bright side of life. 4. … Continue reading
I dug this out of my drafts. I’d written it 5 days before Mom died. No wonder it was abandoned. Still, it’s kind of a funny story, and a good illustration (cautionary tale?) of caregiving stress. Enjoy! A funny thing … Continue reading
There’s a great piece here on the way Scott Simon tweeted the loss of his mother. They’re the same reasons I decided to blog life with my mom: to get support, and to share the lessons I learned along the … Continue reading
I attended BlogHer ’13 in Chicago last week. It was a great experience, for many reasons, which I hope to get into in a recap post. It was a different experience than I’d had at BlogHer ’09. Back then, my … Continue reading
“Life is like a sandwich! Birth as one slice, and death as the other. What you put in-between the slices is up to you. Is your sandwich tasty or sour?” ― Allan Rufus
This post was inspired by Michelle Rafter and posted over at BlogHer. I started blogging in 2008, mostly to save my sanity. I had just become an unwilling member of the sandwich generation, and it pushed me into a deep … Continue reading
I pirated this from my friend at The Oatmeal. SOPA is bad. Go tell your senators. NOW.