This is my first time participating in Five Point Friday. I pulled this recipe out of my “greatest hits” recipe book. It’s been a while since I made it; it may have to be on next week’s menu! I love it because it’s an easy, healthy, tasty, one-pot weeknight meal. What’s not to love?
Italian Sausage and White Beans
4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
- 12 ounces sweet Italian turkey sausage
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced Italian-style tomatoes, undrained
Remove casings from sausage.
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Add sausage, and cook 8 minutes, or until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in oregano and remaining ingredients; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 266 (29% from fat)
- 8.5g (sat 2.4g,mono 3.1g,poly 2.8g)
Thanks to Mel at A Box of Chocolates for hosting this carnival! Stop by for more great 5 Point recipes.