Not Yet Stale
What was I saying about…?
- RT @Brad_on_Norwin: @KathleenHeuer being edited right now, but top vote getters on Dem/Rep side are Al Lynn, Barbara Viola, Becky Gediminsk… 3 hours ago
- Hey @rossilynne and @Brad_on_Norwin: how soon can we expect school board results? 3 hours ago
- The Music Parents Daily is out! paper.li/KathleenHeuer/… ▸ Top stories today via @art_alper @stephdank @BobMorrison 5 hours ago
- RT @kathleenheuer: My photo is nominated to be featured on Instacanvas, vote & help me get featured. instacanv.as/kdheuer/piece/… via @instacanvas 10 hours ago
- RT @dlpoutreach: Underprivileged Children Need Music! wp.me/p36Eb2-9l 11 hours ago
Category Archives: Family
My mom, Connie Colburn Bruzek, is fourth from the left. For more wordless photos, go to Wordless Wednesday.
I was at Kennywood yesterday. Yesterday was they day that Kennywood closed at 5:45 pm due to the severe thunderstorm that went through (four people were killed in flash flooding). I have to say that I was NOT impressed with … Continue reading
On Tuesday morning, my sister and I put the girls on the school bus, then packed her suitcase and headed to Mom’s. It was time to say goodbye. She was headed to Florida for a business meeting. Duty calls, you … Continue reading
RIP Constance C. Bruzek, aka “Chiquita” 1938-2011 You are truly loved and missed.
What a difference a month makes. So, as of my last post, Mom was diagnosed with a blood clot (we found out several weeks later that it was actually TWO clots). She stayed in the hospital for another ten days. … Continue reading
So…an eventful couple of days. Forgive me, but I’m blogging from my iPod in the ER. On Thursday, my mom’s cardiologist makes local headlines for putting in unnecessary stents. Mom is offered a spot in assisted living. She falls twice…within … Continue reading
Continued from yesterday: I was visiting Mom at the nursing home on a Thursday afternoon. She seemed okay, but a bit fatigued. She told me she’d gotten dizzy at rehab that morning, and she was lying on her bed when … Continue reading
Not long after my last post, Chiquita wound up in the hospital. Her feet had been swollen, so I took her to the doc to get them checked out. Turns out her oral diuretics weren’t enough to control the swelling; … Continue reading
Wednesday morning, we met with a hospice nurse from the home healthcare company. On Friday, I took Mom to see her friendly neighborhood oncologist. We had a lot of questions. What were her treatment options? And what the hell was … Continue reading